The CAFE Foundation (Comparative Aircraft Flight Efficiency)have been selected by NASA to host the great Personal Air Vehicle (PAV) Challenge.
The Personal Air Vehicle Centennial Challenge (PAV CC)is a $250,000 annual flight competition for small aircraft. Some key features of PAVs are:
* 200 mph “car” that flies above gridlock without traffic delays
* Quiet, safe, comfortable and reliable
* Able to be flown by anyone with a driver's license
* As affordable as travel by car or airliner
* Near all-weather, on-demand travel enabled by synthetic vision
* Highly fuel efficient and able to use alternative fuels
* Up to 800 mile range
* Walk to grandma’s from small residential airfields
A move towards individualised flying-cars??