Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Observing urban drivers in their natural habitat

Here's a post from Kevin Harris over at the Neighbourhoods blog, on a somewhat humourous, somewhat disturbing, real-life ditty of human urban driving habits:

Short trip I was walking up the road this afternoon and heard a car start up nearby. The driver pulled out of the drive, rather closely in front of an oncoming car, then after a short distance drew in alongside a post box. I watched a woman get out and post a letter. She was clearly able-bodied. She got back in, turned the car round and headed back the way she came. I thought, well I suppose you might do that if you're off somewhere. So I turned round to see if she was. But she drove straight back into the driveway of the house.

I crossed the road to take this pic of the house, from beside the post box. It's about 75 metres away I reckon.



Read original post at 'Observing urban drivers in their natural habitat'

Thanks to Kevin for the heads-up on this one!

-

No comments: